Overcoming Fear virtual workshop
Four weekly online group sessions helping surfers overcome fear that holds them back in the ocean
From fear of physical injury or drowning, to fear of looking bad to others, all surfers experience some version of fear. It’s just that the external conditions that cause it are different for different surfers.
If your surf experience has been negatively effected by fear or anxiety and you’d like to improve that, this is the group for you. If you’d like to learn how to face a specific challenge confidently, or just feel more calm and happy while surfing in general, this group is for you.
We’ll be learning and applying multiple strategies to working with fear including:
- Learning about your personal fears to discover where they might have come from
- Facilitator guidance in processing experiences contributing to fears
- Lifestyle changes
- Education on the nervous system and how to move towards rest and relax instead of fight or flight
- Breathing and meditation
- Tools and practices to use to manage and reduce fear while surfing
- Activating the bold and courageous part of yourself
- A supportive group to work through challenges that arise as you work through challenges and achieve your goal
1:1 Option: If you wish to do the workshop as an individual instead of with the group for more personalized experience and time flexibility, four 60 min sessions can be scheduled at your convenience at the rate of $175 per session.
Who : Led by Jessica Ripley LMFT, CTRS, Life Coach
Where : Zoom or watch the replay for 60 days
When: Thursday evenings at 6:30pm PT March 23, 30, April 6, 13
Attend both the Overcoming Fear and Confidence and Communication in the Lineup Workshops for $500 total ($90 discount)
What you get:
~ Four 60-90 minute live and interactive sessions on Zoom (If you can’t make it live you can access a replay for 60 days)
~ Weekly emails with helpful content and optional assignments to work on during the week
~Community support and assignment accountability in the private Facebook group
~Email support with related challenges or questions you may have between sessions
content of the sessions:
- Week one we'll be learning about fear, the sympathetic nervous system, lifestyle changes to reduce overall anxiety, and setting goals
- Week two participants get to know their own experience of fear and how it was influenced by their past experiences
- Week three is about learning tools to regulate emotions like fear and tools to use while surfing
- Week four participants will meet their courageous self and learn how to access that part of themselves while surfing
It was really nice to know they we are not alone in this!!! Jess was great at listening to all of us and making is feel we were in a safe space to open up and share our stories. I learned different tools to calm the anxiety and also how the body holds traumas from the past.
I learned so much in this workshop! I really appreciated Jess's knowledge, holding space for us, and reminding us that everything we need is already within us.
Cancellation Policy: We don’t offer refunds. If you miss a session, you will be sent an email with the content you missed and support will be available to help you apply the content. If facilitator has to cancel due to illness or an emergency, session will be rescheduled to a similar time.
Group Minimum: We need at least 3 people enrolled to run the group. If less than 3 sign up, participants will be given the option of a refund, a discounted individual program, or a credit towards another service.